Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- Mr. Lader will ride an activity bus up to Charlotte to pick up our German friends. Their plane should land between
4:30 pm and 5:00 pm. Then they have to clear customs and get their luggage.
- After leaving the airport, Mr. Lader will send a group text via Remind.
- If we stop to eat something, Mr. Lader will send a group text .
- When we’re about an hour away from Aiken, Mr. Lader will send a group text .
- When we arrive at Aiken HS, please pick up your new German friend at the senior parking lot (beside the World Languages hall). #excitingadventurebegins
Thursday, April 4, 2019
- Period 1: We’ll meet at Mr. Lader’s room at the beginning of first period. We’ll enjoy a nice breakfast and talk about the program. American hosts are welcome to spend first period.
- Be 100% sure that you and your partner know where to meet at the end of the day. I suggest my room, but that’s up to you. (You should have a default meeting place any time you cannot find each other at school.)
- Period 2: We’ll get badges made and do a brief orientation.
- Period 3: Mr. Lader’s German IV & V class will do a school tour with our new friends.
- Between periods three and four, please come pick up your German partner.
- Lunch: Make sure you have packed a nice bag lunch for your guest. Please do this every school day.
- Periods 4 – 7: Your German partner shadows you. Send him or her to me for any classes where shadowing is not possible or desirable.
- At the end of the school day, take your new friend home.
- If you need to do so, don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Lader any time day or night during this visit.